nv-l

RE: [nv-l] TDW Daemon failed to open a connection to the database

2006-05-23 11:08:29
Subject: RE: [nv-l] TDW Daemon failed to open a connection to the database
From: Palkovics László <lpalkovics AT pcs DOT hu>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 17:01:43 +0200
Yes, Cataloge command is in the netview_sql_remote.bat file. This bat file
creates the database.
db2 catalog db %1 as %1 at node %4

________________________________

Feladó: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com meghatalmazó: Usman Taokeer
Küldve: 2006. 05. 23., K 16:27
Címzett: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

Have u catalouged the Database??

On 5/23/06, Palkovics László <lpalkovics AT pcs DOT hu> wrote:

        I would like to use NetView 7.1.4 with a Remote DB2 8.2 FP10. I
installed
        DB2 client 8.2 on the NeView server. I made a DB2 connection test with
        Configuration Assistant and it was successfull . Nvconfiguredb2.bat is
able
        to create the remote NETVIEW database. After the creation, tdwdaemon is
        not running. Do you have any idea?
        The error message in tdwdaemon.log:

        [main] INFO  com.tivoli.netview.tdw.TDW_Daemon  - TDW Daemon is
initializing...
        [main] DEBUG com.tivoli.netview.tdw.DbHelper  -
initializeDatabaseConnections Method Entry.
        [main] ERROR com.tivoli.netview.tdw.DbHelper  - TDW Daemon failed to
open a connection to the database. java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection (DriverManager.java:559)
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:189)
         at
com.tivoli.netview.tdw.DbHelper.initializeDatabaseConnections(Unknown Source)
         at com.tivoli.netview.tdw.DbHelper.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at com.tivoli.netview.tdw.TDW_Daemon.main(Unknown Source)

<<winmail.dat>>