nv-l

Re: [nv-l] ICMP Polling Intervals

2006-05-21 02:17:42
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ICMP Polling Intervals
From: "Usman Taokeer" <usman.taokeer AT gmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 11:17:12 +0500
Jane,

That i know, here is what i want to do. Some of the nodes (non-snmp) i want to ping every 10 Minutes. for status checking, these nodes are acutally servers that do not have SNMP configured. In netview i havent seen any polling option for ICMP nodes, that you have answered netview does it by default, but how can i configure netview to 'PING' specific nodes every say 10mins.

Plus we are facing another problem, netview shows Nodes as DOWN on the IP Map when i ping these nodes they are not down, it just turns back to GREEN. How do u suggest we handle this! I searched the archives, ppl have created custome scripts, but i dont want to use any scripts, is there any other option.

Regards,

Usman