nv-l

Re: [nv-l] MIB Data and Graph

2006-04-20 15:43:08
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Data and Graph
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:42:58 -0400
As memory serves me, I believe that you must also store the data in the
internal files if you want to graph it.
Go to serversetup, pull down Daemon Control --> SNMP Collect Daemon and
then pull down "Store Collected Data In" and select the second option, Both
Internal Files and an  SQL database"

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Anvaj
             Aliyarukutty"
             <anvaj.aliyarukut                                          To
             ty AT ustri DOT com>             <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>

             owner-nv-l@lists.
             us.ibm.com                                            Subject
                                       [nv-l] MIB Data and Grapgh

             04/20/2006 03:03
             PM

             Please respond to
             nv-l AT lists.us DOT ibm

                   .com

I am using NetView 7.1.4 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, with SQL
database. I am facing a strange problem in the MIB data collection, MIB
data windows, where I am not able to see any collected data and hence
couldn’t see any graphs as well. But On event monitor I could see threshold
events generated based the data collection given. (Data correspond to the
same threshold events are also not able to see or graph using the MIB data
and MIB graph).

Is it because I am collecting data on SQL database?

Best Regards,
Anvaj