nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Dynamic Workspace

2006-01-31 09:41:30
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Dynamic Workspace
From: John M Gatrell <John.Gatrell AT uk.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:40:51 +0000

I think you mean .Xdefaults not .xdefaults

On my system, I can look in a file under home directory /NvEnvironment/Workspaces
If this file contains the workspaces, then I know I have correctly saved them.

Try the command
     xrdb -query
and see if it lists anything.

If it lists some lines then it means something has done a command such as
   xrdb -load .Xdefaults
or
  xrdb -merge .xresources
which will have cached the values in the X screen manager, thus overriding any subsequent changes to the .Xdefaults file.

Personally I prefer using xrdb to .Xdefaults

Sorry, can't answer your other questions.

John Gatrell