nv-l

[nv-l] snmp polled does not give good status?

2005-11-25 08:50:08
Subject: [nv-l] snmp polled does not give good status?
From: Maxime TRANNOY <MTRANNOY AT fr.ibm DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:47:24 +0100
Hello netview 7.1.4 FP2 on AIX.

I ask my netview to load devices and to snmp polled them.
I put 2 entry in the seed file
A.B.C.D
$A.B.C.D

The devices for the moment is configured with a wrong community but is
reachable by ping so could be discovered.

But netview instead of showing the device interface Down (because netview
could not reach the device with SNMP), Netview shows the device with an Up
interface status.
And what is most strange is that when I try to make an nmdemampoll it tells
correctly that Netview is polling this device with SNMP but I never
received as usual the snmp time out answer which arrives normally when you
nmdemapolled a device with a wrong community.

I try to stop and start netmon and the problem still.

Is there anyone who has an idear?

Kind Regards/Cordialement/S pozdravem.

Maxime TRANNOY