nv-l

RE: [nv-l] ITSA and 6509

2005-11-22 14:28:04
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ITSA and 6509
From: "Jane Curry" <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:27:08 -0000 (GMT)
Thanks Alfred,
The OID for the switch part of the 6509, 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.283 , is in the
l2_oids.cfg file - it seems to be in that and NetView's oid_to_type file
by default.

Not sure what syntax you are suggesting below for the ENTITY-MIB snmpwalk
- could you give me a few more clues....

Cheers,
Jane

>> Also not sure whether these 6509s support Community String Indexing
>> (CSI)??  I have tried snmpwalk commands with a "-c
>> <community@VLAN>" but
>> not got any responses so I am guessing that they don't play
>> at CSI??  If
>> anyone has any good examples of configuring for CSI, I would
>> love a quick
>> example.
>
> try to snmpwalk: ENTITY-MIB::entLogicalCommunity
>
> --
> Alfred Reibenschuh
> INFORMATIONSTECHNOLOGIE AUSTRIA GMBH
> Netzwerk-Management
> A-1020 Wien, Lassallestrasse 5
> T: ++43-1-21717-58947
> F: ++43-1-21717-58979
> E: alfred.reibenschuh AT it-austria DOT com
> W: http://www.it-austria.com

Tel: +44 (0) 1628 782565
Coptright (c) 2004 Jane Curry jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk . All rights
reserved.