nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Howto list only managed nodes ???

2005-11-03 13:33:45
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Howto list only managed nodes ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds AT helices DOT org>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:33:13 -0600
* Paul Stroud <nvladmin AT gmail DOT com> [2005:11:03:10:46:27-0500] scribed:
> Try this on for size:
>
> smartsetutil e '"IP Status"!=Unmanaged && isNode=TRUE"
>
> This shoud give you a list of all managed nodes on the map.
>
> Paul

O, the dreaded single vs. double quote windoze shell issue ...

This does not return and error ;>

    smartsetutil e "'IP Status'!=Unmanaged && isNode=TRUE"

However, it returns *EVERY* node it knows about, _including_ un-Managed
nodes ;<

In fact, the following returns _nothing_:

    smartsetutil e "'IP Status'=Unmanaged && isNode=TRUE"

As others have suggested, I created Smartsets with these two (2)
rulesets:

    ("IP Name" ~ "^P4.*$") AND ("IP Status" = "Unmanaged") AND (isNode = TRUE)

    ("IP Name" ~ "^P4.*$") AND ("IP Status" != "Unmanaged") AND (isNode = TRUE)

I am told that the convention at this customer is to prefix PC hostnames
with `P4', hence the "IP Name" criterion.

Once created, I display the submaps; and the results are identical to
your CLI: the un-Managed Smartset is *empty*; and the Managed Smartset
shows un-Managed nodes.  Yes, we display un-Managed nodes in a different
color; and when the icon is right-clicked, the topmost option is
`Manage', as opposed to `Unmanage' for Managed nodes.

What am I missing?

What do you think?

Thank you, all of you, for your attention to these issues ...

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource