nv-l

RE: [nv-l] mib loading failed

2005-09-08 11:40:01
Subject: RE: [nv-l] mib loading failed
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:24:17 -0400
Does snmpwalk work from the command line for these elements?
If so, then there may yet be a syntax error or difficulty in regard to the
MIB you loaded.  Look for the failing element in the MIB and once again
make certain that the syntax is precisely correct.   For example let's
suppose that the element you are having trouble querying has a syntax of
OCTET STRING, and it has an attached range size of 0 to 60.  Then make
certain that there is a space between STRING and  (SIZE(0..60).    The v1
loader needs spaces between the syntactic elements to work properly.

I cannot say often enough that if you are still having difficulty then you
should call Support.  That's what they are there for.  they work through
theses kinds of issues all the time, and escalate those that require
development attention.

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "praveen kumar"
             <praveenkumar.nai
             r AT ustri DOT com>
             Sent by:                  <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>

             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [nv-l] mib loading failed
             09/08/2005 10:11
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi james,

I have corrected the syntax issue and it got loaded ,then when I tried to
use the mib browser I can see the mib there but not able to browse through
the entire tree the needed object id there when I tried to get the values
what is available it gives me an error saying error status :2,no such
variable. I am stuck here, any thoughts of how to proceed .

True regards,

USTechnology

Praveen kumar

praveenkumar.nair AT ustri DOT com