nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Host Name Change

2005-09-04 12:01:36
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Host Name Change
From: usman.taokeer AT s-iii DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 21:03:44 +0500

A demandpoll will do it. After you have updated DNS. Run Demandpoll on the specific node.

PS: run "ipconfig/flushdns" and "arp -d" just in case!

"Anvaj A B" <anvaj.aliyarukutty AT ustri DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

02-09-05 03:14 PM
Please respond to
nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

<nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Host Name Change

I am using NetView 7.1.4 with FP03 on Win2k3.

I have few devices, NetView discovered without hostname (only IP Address).  This was due to the problem with name resolution and now I have corrected the problem with my DNS.

What are the steps required to get these devices identified by hostname on NetView MAP at the earliest.

Best regards,

Anvaj Aliyarukutty

anvaj.aliyarukutty AT ustri DOT com

721, Nila