nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.4 FixPack's

2005-08-30 08:36:44
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.4 FixPack's
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:34:56 -0400
You just need to last one; they are cumulative.
The language you are puzzled by is required by Tivoli in our Release
Notes.  While users may call our test fixes and FixPacks, "patches", they
are not in the eyes of Tivoli architects.  "Patches" is a Tivoli technical
term for a certain kind of packaged maintenance, usually applied by the
Framework.  NetView does not produce patches for its code, so none are
superseded.  NetView did produce Framework patches a long time ago to
allow installation under the Framework, but no new ones have been produced
since.

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group