nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Tr : Missed links/nodes in a mapp

2005-08-29 10:35:50
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Tr : Missed links/nodes in a mapp
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:34:19 -0400
Sounds like a problem for Support, Denis.  Offhand I doubt that anyone else
could tell you what happened or why.
But rediscovery is always the same process.  First you verify that the
nodes aren't in the database (ovobjprint is handy for that), and then you
put them as the first items in the seed file and restart netmon.

You might also want to get up to FP03 so that you have all the latest
fixes.

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Denis PIAROTAS"
             <denis.piarotas@R
             TE-FRANCE.COM>                                             To
             Sent by:                  nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] Tr : Missed links/nodes in a
             08/29/2005 04:43          mapp
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hello IBMers,

I repost my mail. Thanks for a special attention.

Best regards,

Denis

----- Réacheminé par Denis PIAROTAS/CN2I/GRT/FR le 29/08/2005 10:40 -----

     Denis PIAROTAS
                                    Pour :        nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

                                    cc :
     26/08/2005 10:50               Objet :        Missed links/nodes in a
                            mapp

Hi list,

I work with a 7.1.4 FP1 version, on a Windows 2000 Server OS.

Two links (between two well discovered nodes) and two other nodes have
disapeard from a mapp after an "ovtopofix -a" command. No problem with an
snmpwalk command, the interfaces are well seen.

Anyone know how to rediscover these nodes/links again ?

I've read about problem with the ovtopofix command too in the archive (2003
?). Don't you think it's the case ? What could I do so ?

Thanks for any help/sight,

Best regards,

Denis