nv-l

[nv-l] Upgrading an existing MIB

2005-08-18 13:14:48
Subject: [nv-l] Upgrading an existing MIB
From: SIXFC AT pjm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:11:39 -0400

All,
        I received a more recent version of IF-MIB as part of a vendor shipment (F5). There is an existing IF-MIB (rfc2233) loaded. When I attempt to unload it with the Web Console MIB Loader, a lot of errors are generated by MIBs that reference it and the process fails. I've done some searching and I must be missing something. Is there a way to unload the old and load the new MIB in the same operation? Or, do I have to unload and reload all the referencing MIBs?

Thanks.
Chris Six
PJM Interconnection, llc
sixfc AT pjm DOT com