nv-l

RE: [nv-l] NV714 - nvserverd error when trying to send events to TEC

2005-08-17 15:31:46
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NV714 - nvserverd error when trying to send events to TEC
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:30:15 -0400
Hmmm.  Related to the tecint.conf file you say?  Are the permissions good?
I have never seen an 826 error.  I have seen an 827.  Don't know whether
they are at all related or not, but here's how you solve an 827.

An 827 is caused by the nvserverd daemon not having the correct classpath
for the TEC State Correlation engine, which was known internally as "ZCE".
So before the daemons are started, an environment variable called
ZCE_CLASSPATH has to be exported.  You can check whether this has been done
by issuing the trapd trace command, "trapd -T" to toggle it on, and then
off again.  If you examine the /usr/OV/log/trapd.trace afterward, you will
see a list of all the environment variables that trapd and the other
daemons inherited from ovspmd when they were started.  In 7.1.4 FixPack3
you should see this:

ZCE_CLASSPATH=/usr/OV/jars/nv_zce.jar:/usr/OV/jars/log.jar:/usr/OV/jars/xercesImpl-4.2.2.jar:/usr/OV/jars/xml-apis-4.2.2.jar:/usr/OV/jars/zce.jar:/usr/OV/jars/evd.jar:/usr/OV/jars/concurrent.jar:/usr/OV/jars/log4j-1.2.7.jar:/usr/OV/jars/ibmjsse.jar:/usr/OV/jars/netview.jar

If you don't, then you have to stop ALL the daemons (ovstop nvsecd) and
restart them, either with the command
      etc/netnmrc
or by first sourcing the NVenvironment script and then doing ovstart
      .  /usr/OV/bin/NVenvironment
      /usr/OV/bin/ovstart

If this is not the issue, then the only way I know to get to the bottom of
it to run the .ed_diag_config file that comes with the Tivoli SDK for TEC.
You copy it into /usr/OV/conf and then update the tecint.conf with this as
the last line
      ed_diag_config_file=/usr/OV/conf/.ed_diag_config

Then  restart nvserverd.  When he initializes the internal TEC adapter, it
will trace at the level specified in that diag file and write a trace log
to where that file says to put it.  Either you or TEC Support can look at
the trace for errors about why the adapter won't initialize.   Usually, it
is bets to get TEC Support involved if you don't see something obvious.

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group