nv-l

Re: [nv-l] script not running on ruleset

2005-08-17 07:49:35
Subject: Re: [nv-l] script not running on ruleset
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:48:23 -0400
No, I think not.  There are two error messages for each execution.

2005/16/08 18:25:39 :   1 command failed. error data:
 /usr/OV/conf/scripts/hoevents.sh[21]: error:  not found.
/usr/OV/conf/scripts/hoevents.sh[24]: error:  not found.

If  hoevents.sh itself were not found, then you would get one error, not 2.
I believe that the numbers in brackets [21] and [24] refer to lines of the
script which returned a "not found" condition.
That is borne out by the fact that actionsvr says "1 command failed".  That
means he tried to execute the script but got those error responses back.
Could there be a path problem for the commands in the script?  Not fully
qualified?

BTW, if you put "set -x" as the first executable line of your script, it
will trace itself, and the trace will be captured in the nvaction.alog

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group