nv-l

Re: [nv-l] script not running on ruleset

2005-08-16 16:48:15
Subject: Re: [nv-l] script not running on ruleset
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:47:49 -0400
If the script is being executed, then there is nothing more to be done on
the NetView side.
You'd need a diagnostic tool from TEC to see anything after that.  They own
postemsg and the library where the code resides.
That's all the advice I can give you.
HTH

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] script not running on
             08/16/2005 04:36          ruleset
             PM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

James,

You´re right...I am also running the internal adapter, but the
BufferEvents was set to NO for the postemsg command (I am using the -f
option pointing to a configuration file). In any case, just to see if
something happens, I´ve changed the BufferEvents to YES and set the
BufEvtPath a path different from the one that the internal adapter is
using (the default).

Also, I have two different NV rulesets, one that the internal adapeter
points to and the other that calls the "Action" box, which calls the
postemsg script. The script gets the NVATTR_? variables from the memory
when the event occurs and fill the postemsg attributes...but still no
event reaches the TEC....

Thanks.

Mario