nv-l

[nv-l] ? about specific trap numbers

2005-08-05 20:49:02
Subject: [nv-l] ? about specific trap numbers
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn AT pemcocorp DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:40:07 -0700
NV 7.1.4 FP3 RH Linux AS 2.1

I am trying to modify some event configurations and have a puzzling problem.  Microsoft gives me the decimal "specific trap" number I will see and I can convert that number to HEX (which I can see is referenced in the control desk) but the actual events I have to specify are neither.  One example of my problem is this:
SPECIFIC   : -1073734793 (hex: c0001b77)
Decimal: 3221232503

I do not understand how the c0001b77 is converted into -1073734793.  The only way I've been able to figure these out so far has been to create an event that forces this trap.  Some of the remaining ones (3221232481 specifically) I cannot force out and don't know how to calculate the Netview specific.

Any ideas??

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
206-628-5770