nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Events in trapd.log but not in Control desk!

2005-07-20 11:00:14
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Events in trapd.log but not in Control desk!
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:59:46 -0400
Larry,

It looks to me as though the ENTERPRISE6 entry is formatting your traps,
based on what I have in mine, unless you made a copy of  it, or of
ENTERPRISEDEF, or  added your own entries for  OID 1.3.6.1.4.1 earlier in
the file.  There are several ways this might occur.

But could this Altiga (1.3.6.1.4.1.3076) agent be sending a trap of generic
type 6 but specific 0?  It shouldn't, but it could, and if it did, then it
would be caught and formatted by the ENTERPISE6 entry, until you make one
specifically for 1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.

HTH

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group