nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Events in trapd.log but not in Control desk!

2005-07-19 17:40:59
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Events in trapd.log but not in Control desk!
From: Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:37:01 -0400
Larry,
No, that's not likely. You are most likely receiving and
displaying the events, but they are displayed as an
"Event with no known format" and NetView simply dumps
all the variables. If is it NOT defined in the trapd.log, this
is most likely how it is being displayed.

Paul

Larry Fagan wrote:

Hi Guys,
I have gone through the archive's and everybody says
that i need to set from "log only" events to something
else. But the issue is, the events which are in
trapd.log file ,enterprise id for those trapd.log
events does not exist in my xnmtrap file. Somehow
these events are not displaying on console. Is it
possible that any other enterpise id is supressing
these events?
Many Thanks,
Larry

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs