nv-l

[nv-l] A authenticationFailure trap (Cisco) received from enterprise cisco

2005-07-19 15:49:27
Subject: [nv-l] A authenticationFailure trap (Cisco) received from enterprise cisco
From: "D'Apice, Domenico" <D.D'Apice AT SAQ.qc DOT ca>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:48:42 -0400

Hello All,

we reveive a netview event "trap authenticationFailure" from 3 of our routers. Nothing has been change from Netview.

Why now Netview (sxptiv0009), receive this event from only 3 of our routers ? (Netview try to get some info of these 3 routers and the acces seem to be denied…but when we doing "mib browser" info seem to be there...

Can it be a error in the router configuration even if we know that the community is set ok each both side (router / netview) ?

Tue Jul 19 15:20:31 2005 tcdm1s4502.saq. A authenticationFailure trap (Cisco) received from enterprise cisco with 1 arguments:  authAddr=sxptiv0009

SPECIFIC   : 0 (hex: 0)
GENERIC    : 4
CATEGORY   : Status Events
ENTERPRISE : cisco  1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.502