nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Nortel Concentrator CPU

2005-07-18 03:51:42
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Nortel Concentrator CPU
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand AT kardinia DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:39:33 +1000
At 11:46 AM 08-07-05 -0400, reamd AT Nationwide DOT com wrote:
Hi All,
          Can someone tell me what mib they use for monitoring the CPU on
the Nortel Concentrator.  Through a mib browser I found
.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1.1.1  but the description is a little confusing.

Thanks, Dave

Dave,

You probably need to look in the Nortel specifications or manuals for this device.

The OID that you quote is from the IETF standard Host Resources MIB. This MIB is meant for host computers (e.g. servers) rather than network devices. The OID is that of a MIB variable that shows the CPU time used by a running process on such a host computer.

My guess is that it is unlikely that a network equipment vendor would choose to implement this MIB, so you'll probably have to find a Nortel enterprise MIB.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand AT kardinia DOT com
www.kardinia.com