nv-l

[nv-l] ? about yellow map status near root - but zero "failing resources" found in submaps

2005-06-23 12:51:28
Subject: [nv-l] ? about yellow map status near root - but zero "failing resources" found in submaps
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn AT pemcocorp DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:51:16 -0700
Hi,

Running Netview 7.1.4 FP3 on Redhat Linux AS 2.1
My root map has been carved up into 5 objects that represent 5 different companies.  Each of those companies networks and devices have been cut from the root map and pasted into the company specific submaps.  Everything works perfectly - except on thing.  4 of the 5 submaps (representing each company) show status of yellow.  Drilling into the submaps - everything is either green or unmanaged (including hidden objects).  I've tried using the TOOLS-> FAILING RESOURCE DISPLAY utility to ID my problem, but it returns "no specified resources found".  Even odder, a month or so ago, Company X was green and everyone else yellow.  Now, company X is yellow and company Z is green!  I've run the various DB utilities too (resolve DB inconsistencies, compress IP and objects topology)
I also only have only a single map.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
206-628-5770