nv-l

[nv-l] Urgent help - Discovery beyond a Catalyst 6500 (layer 2)

2005-06-06 09:02:08
Subject: [nv-l] Urgent help - Discovery beyond a Catalyst 6500 (layer 2)
From: Bhayeti <bhayeti AT yahoo DOT com>
To: netview list <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 06:01:17 -0700 (PDT)
Folks,

I have NV 714 on Windows.

I have installed the Netview server on a vlan, which is connected through a Cisco Catalyst 6500 (acting  only as a layer 2 switch) with the embedded Firewall module doing the routing. My local gateway is effectivly also the firewall logical interface.

I am able to MIB browse devices on the other side of the firewall / switch but I'm unable to discover anything beyond the local vlan on which the Netview server is installed.

Any Ideas on how I might solve this ?

Yahoo! Mail Mobile