nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Disk and load monitoring on Linux and Windows Servers

2005-05-26 03:58:58
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Disk and load monitoring on Linux and Windows Servers
From: Samuel Moñux <smonux AT gmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:58:22 +0200
Thanks for your advice. I understand now that the standard way is deal
with non-standardness.

The expression that I showed yesterday now works, and I've added
others which also work:
HDiskUtilUnix \
"dskPercent" \
        .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.9.

ProcLivenessUnix \
"prErrorFlag" \
        .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2.1.100.

and more...

But now I need to get more info about what exactly crossed the
threshold. For example, I obtain messages like this:

1117091297 0  Thu May 26 09:08:17 2005 netview.carreras.sa       D
HDiskUtilUnix 4 threshold exceeded (>90.00): 100.00 HDiskUtilUnix 4

I don't know what exactly is that "partition 4" until I do a snmpwalk:

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry.dskPath.4
= STRING: /dev/pts

I would like to get a more detailed message on the event. How this can
be done? I need a way to attach another OID(usually a description
string) to the event.

Thanks, again.