nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Problem with netview 7.1.4 FP2 and TDW 1.2.0.3

2005-05-23 10:34:35
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Problem with netview 7.1.4 FP2 and TDW 1.2.0.3
From: Gareth Holl <gholl AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:33:30 -0400

What exactly are you coding for the "SMARTSETS" parameter in the tdwdaemon.properties file ? If you are coding "all" then this will tell tdwdaemon that all nodes managed by netmon will be included in the export of availability data..........the use of  "all"  actually has nothing to do with Smartsets. Unless you have explicited defined each and every Smartset in the tdwdaemon.properties file that you are interested in, you will not see its details (including membership) in your TDW environment.

Also, unless you have Fixpack 2 or higher for the ANM v1.1.0 WEP (not to be confused with Fixpack 2 for 7.1.4), then you would probably need to code "ALL" instead of "all" as there was a mistake in the original doc which dev later corrected by allowing both upper and lower cases for the "ALL" flag.

Yes the error you provided is a problem. It suggests to me that the tdwdaemon is not starting, or if already started, then it is having communication problems with DB2 because either DB2 is not started or you have run out of DB2 agents. Restart DB2 and ensure you can connect to your database from the command line.....then make sure you disconnect. After you have corrected the DB2 problem, restart tdwdaemon and check its log to make sure it has made the connection to DB2 without error.

Your last question can be answered by looking in the guide "IBM Tivoli NetView, Version 7.1.4 Warehouse Enablement Pack Implementation Guide, v1.1.0", revised April 2004, on page 54. All reports and their associated fact tables are listed.

Hope this helps,

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl AT us.ibm DOT com

ITIL Foundations Certified
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
       --Tivoli Data Warehouse v1.2
       --Tivoli Enterprise Console v3.8 Network Management

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Software
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"Dvorak, Jan" <Dvorak AT gedas DOT cz>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

05/23/2005 05:07 AM
Please respond to
nv-l

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Problem with netview 7.1.4 FP2 and TDW 1.2.0.3

Hello,

I have problem with reporting Netview smartset group nodes in TDW. I configured any smartset, populated them in netview and puted into tdwdaemon.properties. Now i see some smartset in TDW report "Daily Status Summary by Smartset"  but no all ! Where is the problem ? I see in tdwdeamon.log the following messages:

2005-05-18 13:34:21,439 [main] ERROR com.tivoli.netview.tdw.DbHelper  - TDW Daem

on failed to open a connection to the database. COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [

IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N  A database agent could not be started to service a re

quest, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force co

mmand.  SQLSTATE=55032

Is this problem ? I thing no, because i see in tdw TWH_MART table D_SMARTSET all smartsets, which i puted into tdwdaemon.properties. As all ETL process ended well. From which table get Crystal Reporter data for "Daily Status Summary by Smartset" ? Have you any idea ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Jan Dvorak