nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Failed ping stays green

2005-05-19 08:28:56
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Failed ping stays green
From: "Zoeckler, Eric A." <Eric.Zoeckler AT us.ngrid DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:27:52 -0400
Stephen,
Agreed, the two boxes are out of sync with regard to polling.  I was under the impression that when pinging a device from netview in which this device is known to be down, netview would make a status change to that node.  I'm sure I've seen this.  But, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that it would require a demand poll and not a ping to simulate the scheduled polling action and thus invoke a status change to the node?  Analysis of my problem has ended as the node came back up on the network.  I have since removed and readded it to netview.
Thank you much for your input.
Eric

Eric Zoeckler, IT Analyst, DCO/NCC
Niagara Mohawk-National Grid USA