nv-l

Re: [nv-l] External Authentication Module - Netview Web Clients

2005-05-17 18:12:24
Subject: Re: [nv-l] External Authentication Module - Netview Web Clients
From: ray.smith AT clorox DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:11:27 -0700

I did not consider Cisco ACS or other options since this would require yet another vendor.  But if that's an option I am all for other possibilities.

Last month an enhancement request MR0323052753 was submitted for LDAP integration with Netview for SOX compliance. The Tivoli Managed Environment has worked well with LDAP meeting SOX Compliance thus far.  Only the Netview Product running as ROOT seems to be the lone gun.

I was hoping with this request we will not have to manage the users at all.  Just point to an LDAP group and let the Account Admins handle the rest.

Someone mentioned at the Tivoli User Conference nvsecd for managing roles or accounts.  But this is not an option for us since SOX is the goal.  And If we are still managing users... you get the point.

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;
the point is to discover them. "  ( Galileo, Galilei )

Ray Smith
Enterprise Systems Management
The Clorox Services Company

"Shipley, Rob" <rshipley AT mt DOT gov>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

05/17/2005 02:35 PM
Please respond to nv-l