nv-l

Re: [nv-l] ContainerLayer2Status??

2005-05-12 10:25:50
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ContainerLayer2Status??
From: Michael Webb <mlwebb AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:24:29 -0400

The Container you are referring to is our way of propagating the Layer2Status of the switch throughout the various GUI views.

Did you get a vendor (V) event for this switch in the past? If so, that would explain the status you are seeing.

Michael Webb, IBM Tivoli
Q1CA NetView / ITSA SVT
Email: mlwebb AT us.ibm DOT com
Ext: (919) 224-1410, T/L: 687-1410

Inactive hide details for usman.taokeer AT s-iii DOT comusman.taokeer AT s-iii DOT com

          usman.taokeer AT s-iii DOT com
          Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

          05/12/2005 09:59 AM
          Please respond to
          nv-l

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

cc

Subject

[nv-l] ContainerLayer2Status??

Hi,

We have NetView7.1.4 FP3 with Switch Analyzer installed on Windows Machine. We have One Cisco(2950) switch on LAN. The NetView shows a symbol "ContainerLayer2Status" in red and when i open it there is an inteface with "0.0.0.0" ip address and it shows it as down. What is that "0.0.0.0" interface and why is it down?

~Usman

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image