nv-l

Re: [nv-l] No events in display window!

2005-05-12 09:22:17
Subject: Re: [nv-l] No events in display window!
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:21:36 -0400

So neither of your event windows, both the one in the control desk and the
one started outside it, are completely there.  They lack title bars, menu
items, and so on.   Yet you have a map?  Is it finished synchronizing?

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Larry Fagan
             <larrytechie@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] No events in display window!
             05/12/2005 08:45
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi guys,
I have a fresh install of Netview 7.1.3 on AIX. The
issue here, there are absolutely no events making up
to the events display window. Events are coming into
trapd.log and also importantly all events are going to
TEC console as well. It's just that no events in
netview display window. I stopped all the services and
turned back on. All services are running fine. I also
sent an test event -l testnode and this event did'nt
make it tooo.. when i say nvevents from command line..
all i get is blank screen.. I'm also not getting
events title bar in control desk with options of
file,edit etc.... Also i checked if any of these
events are set to log only.. but everything is
normal... I have not configured any ASE.automation or
any rules..
Am i supposed to configure something to get events up
in display window?
Many thanks,
Larry