nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Service Monitor

2005-05-05 14:20:20
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Service Monitor
From: usman.taokeer AT s-iii DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 23:21:33 +0500

Jane,

The Syntax can't be wrong coz i am using the same syntax to probe for other services as well , i jsut have changed the ports.!! I'll put the syntax here jsut for your reference :

isPSOL|5108|PSOLISTENER|PSO_LISTENER|||ECXS|5

~Usman

Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

05-05-05 09:13 PM
Please respond to
nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Service Monitor

Servmon ought to do this just fine - I have used it to monitor all sorts
of ports.  servmon doesn't check what is listening on your port 5108 -
just checks that it can connect to it.  Are you sure you have the
correct syntax in servmon.conf and have you stopped and started the
servmon daemon?  Check /usr/OV/log/servmon.log to see what is going on.
Cheers,
Jane

usman.taokeer AT s-iii DOT com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a custom made application which resides on a server, it has a
> "listener" service running on it on a port (5108). Can i use servmon
> to monitor that port for status updates whether the "listener" service
> is "Up" or "down" ? I tried but it only works with standard services
> like HTTP 80,8080 etc. I didn't detect the service on that Port. How
> can i monitor that service on Port 5108 using "Servmon"? I am using
> NetView 7.1.4 with FP3 on Windows.
>
> Regards,
>
> Usman Taokeer
> Associate Network Architect
> Si^3

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2005 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights reserved.