nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Threshold Levels

2005-05-04 11:37:23
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Threshold Levels
From: usman.taokeer AT s-iii DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 20:38:26 +0500

Paul,

Sure here is the required info: -

mibExpr.conf:

BitsIn \
"ifInOctets * 8" \
         .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.  8 *

snmpCol.conf:
MIB BitsIn .* BitsIn units _expression_ R lansrv
C KHI-GW-01:Serial0/0 0xffffffff 5 > 5.000000 <= 75.000000 % s 1001

Let me explain once again what i am trying to do. We have multiple serial links on our core router (Cisco3745) to internet, we want to monitor incoming and outgoing traffic on those links and set threshold if certain levels are reached and pass traps and generate alerts based on that etc. Will that going to help us out or is there any other way around? I tried the SnmpCollector but it just doesn't show any data, it shows for others etc. bandwidthutilhdx,avgBusy etc. But not the ones i am trying to configure.

Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

04-05-05 04:27 PM
Please respond to
nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Threshold Levels

Usman,
This is exactly what snmpCollect is designed to do. You mention you want to
collect using an _expression_? Have you create that _expression_ in the
mibExpr.conf
file? If so, it would help if you posted it. You might also want to copy
your snmpCol.conf
entry here so we can see that also. Not much we can do with the
information you
have given.

Paul