nv-l

[nv-l] How to permanently set nodes to unmanged state

2005-05-02 14:15:47
Subject: [nv-l] How to permanently set nodes to unmanged state
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn AT pemcocorp DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:15:46 -0700
I have several remote access subnets (a few dial, some vpn) where remote users are allocated DHCP addresses.  I do not want to manage these nodes and set them to unmanaged - but Netview keeps setting them back to managed (and inevitably changes their state to down) - I suspect because it detects the connection as new (different MAC address perhaps) even though the IPs are the same.  Is there way to permanently set a block of addresses to unmanaged?

Netview 7.1.4

Thanks for your time,
Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
206-628-5770