nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Graphing data using Application builder

2005-04-19 03:18:49
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Graphing data using Application builder
From: "Vladan Milosevic" <vladan.milosevic AT mobtel DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:18:12 +0200
Thanks Paul,

I have tried that, but it is not helping.

I have seen the response, on the wire, so to say, it looks like 47.000000,
so I, probably, will not be able to change that. I have no idea how is it
that I see it as 47 only... On the other hand I captured around 900 frames
during three seconds period, all of them having a value of 53.000000 but
they were repeated many times. Does anyone know why? They were from/to
NetView. You can see that by yourself from the attached file, actually you
can not, since the attachment did not reach the server, so you will have to
trust my experience in net sniffing.

I have created a table MIB application, it presents the data correctly, and
during this update I have captured the packets.

Anyway, just for the record, let me see if I got it right:

Since this particular set (CurrentValue) is defined as an array, with
APllicationID, parameterGroup, parametrID (this is not exactly what the
said, but it is correct) and I can access it as:

...CurrentValue.ApplicationID.parametrGroup, instance value: parameterID

should I define it as INTEGER or GAUGE in mib.coerce for ....CurrentValue or
for ....CurrentValue.ApplicationID or
....CurrentValue.ApplicationID.parameterGroup or the comlete expression.

Here is what I have tried:

# MIEP trenutna vrednost u GAUGE
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1031.1.1.1.8.1.4 GAUGE
# MIEP brojaci, procenat .1.3.6.1.4.1.1031.1.1.1.8.1.4.31.422.424 GAUGE

Thank you very much for your help, Paul and James.

Regards,
Vladan