nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netmon not responding

2005-02-24 07:59:54
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netmon not responding
From: awatthey AT mmm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:56:09 +0000

Paul,

It doesn't seem to be that.  I just ran an ethereal trace and I can see the
DNS lookups fine.  There are not that many of them and they usually get a
response in about 1ms.

Regards,
Alan.

             Paul
             <pstroud@bellsout
             h.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] Netmon not responding
             24/02/2005 12:11

             Please respond to
             nv-l AT lists.us DOT ibm

                   .com

Sounds like a possible DNS issue, I would make sure that your
nameserver is responding properly.

Paul

awatthey AT mmm DOT com wrote:

>Windows 2000 Server with Tivoli Netview 7.1.4 at FixPack 2 level.
>
>For sometime now I have been getting a strange problem with netmon.  I
>decided to upgrade to FixPack 2 before looking into it but this has not
>changed anything.  It may well be to do with a configuration setting that
>have set or not set.
>
>When I click on a node on the map and then select either the 'Test -
>Quicktest' or 'Test - Demand Poll' option, I get a new window in which the
>message 'Waiting for the Network Monitor (netmon) on the server to
>respond...
>
>This message continually comes out forever (until I close the window).
The