nv-l

Re: [nv-l] netmon trace record interpretation needed

2005-02-24 06:15:18
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netmon trace record interpretation needed
From: Mike Pearson <pearsom AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:14:48 -0500

Bill:
        Knowledge Number 1105253 states:
---------------
The phrase "Operation 2" in the message means it is an "AT_POLL".

The AT_POLL
not enable, could be:

1. Enable Polling and Discovery Settings
not set, or
2
. Discover New Nodes not set , or
3. The device is non-router and in unreachable network (suppress polling).

Regards,
Michael Pearson

Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT Support
Building 660, Office  CC105B;
HWY. 54 & 600 PARK OFFICES DR
Research Triangle Park, N.C. 27709
(919) 254-2270
pearsom AT us.ibm DOT com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli

"Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans AT hq.doe DOT gov>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

02/23/2005 04:58 PM
Please respond to
nv-l

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] netmon trace record interpretation needed

Can anyone explain this message and/or point me to a source for its "sisters and its cousins and its aunts" in the world of SNMP trace entries from Netmon?  I haven't been able to find it in the publications.

11:46:07 : ./nl_snmper.c[572] : Operation 2 not enabled for node 10.0.8.5

Thanks in advance.

Bill Evans

Tivoli NetView Support for DOE