nv-l

[nv-l] MLM basic question

2005-02-08 07:51:08
Subject: [nv-l] MLM basic question
From: alejandro.gabay AT reuters DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 09:47:37 -0300
Hi;
We are planning to install a MLM box running on Windows to feed a Netview 7.1.4
FP2 running on Solaris.
The network segment where this MLM/Windows will monitor can not be reached from
Netview (although netview can reach the MLM).
My question shoul we configure netmon to use MLM for status polling and
discovery?. Will it affect other devices not being included in any MLM?.Will it
change the performance of devices already included in on MLM Solaris box but
being polled directly  from Netview?.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay

the views of Reuters Ltd.