nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netview Status Source Symbol vs Propagated

2004-12-22 09:40:41
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview Status Source Symbol vs Propagated
From: alejandro.gabay AT reuters DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:37:22 -0300
James:
Thank you very much.
The problem was located at the Nvevents file

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay

                      James Shanks

                      <jshanks AT us DOT ibm.c        To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm
DOT com
                      om>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Netview
Status Source Symbol vs Propagated
                      owner-nv-l@lists.

                      us.ibm.com               Header:
             Internal Use Only

                      22/12/2004 11:11

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

Check your /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents file, or whatever local copies you
might be using, for
nvevents.OverrideCompoundStatus : True

By default, this value is False, but if you are using the status trap to alter
status, it will not work when the status source is "Compound Propagated". So
users often set this X resource to true so that nvevents can first set the
status source to "symbol" so that the status override will work. If this is
True, then whenever you get a status trap update for this object, the status
source will be reset.

As for whom else might be setting this status, I would also check whether you
have "Should IP Map override user symbol customization?" set to True.
>From the map follow Edit --> Modify/Describe --> Map --> select IP Map and
>click "Configure for this Map . . ." --> scroll down to the last item,
"Should IP Map override user symbol customization?" and see what it says. If
you are setting your own status source, then this should be False.

If neither one of these provides an answer, then I have no other suggestions.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

the views of Reuters Ltd.