nv-l

Re: [nv-l] nvserverd.log and IY60528

2004-12-14 12:52:54
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nvserverd.log and IY60528
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:52:28 -0500

That functionality is older than IY60528. It became part of the product after /07/05/2003 so if your nvserverd executable is newer than that, then it should be there.

Try turning on the trapd trace with trapd -T and see whether that variable setting shows up in the daemon environment in the trapd.trace file. All daemons inherit the same one from ovspmd, so if trapd has it set, so does nvserverd. You can toggle the trace off again immediately using the same command. Every time the trace is started trapd executes the /usr/OV/service/getsysenv script, which writes the ulimits and the output of "set" to the trapd.trace file as a convenience.

I realize that you are running FP01 to avoid the fact that in FP02 the SCE engine fails to initialize (the fqhostname problem), but applying IY60528 will re-introduce that problem, since it is built after the new libraries were included.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>

          Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

          12/14/2004 12:27 PM
          Please respond to
          nv-l

NetView mailing list <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>

cc

Subject

[nv-l] nvserverd.log and IY60528

I have NetView 7.1.4 FP1 on a RedHat Linux system.  We have tried
setting NVSERVERD_TRACE_TEC_EVENTS=1 in /usr/OV/bin/netnmrc.pre but we
are not getting an nvserverd.log.  Can anyone confirm whether we also
need IY60528 to get this functionality??  We don't want to apply fixpack
2 at this stage because of the issue with the SCE and Fixpack 2.

Many thanks,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2004 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights reserved.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image