nv-l

[nv-l] Routers in Isolated Subnet

2004-12-09 12:23:49
Subject: [nv-l] Routers in Isolated Subnet
From: SIXFC AT pjm DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:22:51 -0500

        We have parallel paths between critical servers. If a router on one path is down, the admins will be notified. If a router on the second path goes down, they will also be notified. Additionally, with both paths down, the admins want to know what routers are now isolated. Will there be a router unreachable event for each one, following or preceding the subnet unreachable? How can we relate them to the source problem? Does RFI keep a list of the relationships or have a utility to determine them? Do I have access to it?

        After a pager alert, these folks will most likely login from a remote location and open their e-mail. That's where we're trying to put the information and why we're not telling them to look at the map.

Thanks.
Chris Six
PJM Interconnection, llc
sixfc AT pjm DOT com