nv-l

Fw: [nv-l] Migration AIX 5.1-> AIX 5.2 / AIX 5.3

2004-12-02 16:25:53
Subject: Fw: [nv-l] Migration AIX 5.1-> AIX 5.2 / AIX 5.3
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:25:10 -0500
Several people have pointed out to me that my previous post on this
subject was incorrect.  AIX 5.3 is supported, but only in a limited way.
The Release Notes are the place to look, however, and for 7.1.4 FP02 they
say:

Supported operating systems

     AIX:
          Version 4.3.3 (Maintenance Level 09)
          Version 5.1 (Maintenance Level 01/05 64 bit)
          Version 5.2 (Maintenance Level 03 64 bit)
          Version 5.3 64 bit (Power 4 and Power 5), conditionally (that
is, non-TME NetView installations only)
. . .

Sorry for the confusion.

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
----- Forwarded by James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM on 12/02/2004 02:49 PM -----

James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
12/02/2004 09:46 AM
Please respond to
nv-l

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc

Subject
Re: [nv-l] Migration AIX 5.1-> AIX 5.2 / AIX 5.3

Please read the Release Notes to determine what levels of each OS are
supported.
7.1.4 FP02 supports AIX 5.2 but NOT AIX 5.3.  AIX 5.3 is not a supported
operating system at this time.
If you migrate and you have a problem afterward, then you are on your own,

I'm sorry to say, until support for AIX 5.3 has been verified and
announced