nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Error when starting Netview

2004-12-02 11:35:13
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Error when starting Netview
From: "D'Apice, Domenico" <D.D'Apice AT SAQ.qc DOT ca>
To: "'nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:33:49 -0500
Hi Olivier, you're right the community name for my hostname (snmpd.conf) wasn't the same with the netview configuration.
but what i don't understand is , yesterday i did a backup of my netview pre-prod to my lab.

I mean, i copy  /usr/OV/conf, /usr/OVdatabases, /usr/OV/www/conf  DIRs from preprod to my LAB
i did a reset_ci and now, i should have the same conf file for both server of them....

BUT what is strange, is when i did this command on my LAB

xnmsnmpconf -resolve `hostname` | grep ^community

i get :

sisauda@aixtivlab1:/saq/home/users/sisauda$ xnmsnmpconf -resolve `hostname` | grep ^community
community      = Value1
Now when i did this command to my pre-prod server i get

sisauda@sxqtiv0017:/saq/home/users/sisauda$ xnmsnmpconf -resolve `hostname` | grep ^community
community      = public

How is possible that Netview LAB and Netview Pre-prod aren't the same "hostname" community name if  /usr/OV/conf dir is the same of both server ??? Does i miss some CONF dir to Copy ?

Thanks to put some light
Dominic