nv-l

Re: [nv-l] TDW Database creation

2004-11-17 10:49:03
Subject: Re: [nv-l] TDW Database creation
From: wolfgang.bergbauer AT attglobal DOT net
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:48:17 +0100

Hi Chris,

I have not checked or found out which scripts are used, but it could be coded in Java. So an option would be to just create a sample database, and reverse engineer and adapt to your needs. Then just point tdwdaemon to your new database.

The schema is really not complex.

Kind regards,

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Bergbauer
Network and System Management Consultant
Cell phone: +49 172 534 9131
E-mail: wolfgang.bergbauer AT attglobal DOT net

"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8 AT meadwestvaco DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

11/17/2004 04:16 PM
Please respond to
nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] TDW  Database creation

Greetings all,

  Have a question on the TDWDAEMON set up.

The GUI setup is very limiting in the creation of the Netview Operational database for TDW.   Is there a way that I can create the database myself and then start the tdwdaemon?

  Which schema and/or scripts are being called when the GUI executes.

The setup installs the database in the home directory of the db user.  There is no optimizing of the database.
We do not give much space in the home directory file structure, and we have specific file tructures for databases that we would like to use.

-Thank you

CHris Petrina

This electronic message contains information from MeadWestvaco
Corporation or subsidiary companies, which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s)
named. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify MeadWestvaco
immediately at postmaster AT MeadWestvaco DOT com.