nv-l

Re: [nv-l] APM Question.

2004-11-09 14:01:13
Subject: Re: [nv-l] APM Question.
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:00:34 -0500

The color change will take place in the APM topology on the root level of the map. If you look in there, you should see a collection for each policy. In each of those, the nodes that have the policy set for them are shown, and the status of those nodes is the status of the policies.
There are events for the state change, and by default they are 'log only', I believe. You can change those to something else so they show up in the events display. The Enterprise is Tivoli/MLM_Threshold {1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.12.5.1}.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

alejandro.gabay AT reuters DOT com
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

11/09/2004 05:44 PM
Please respond to
nv-l

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] APM Question.

Hi All.
We are running Netview 7.1.4 FP2 on Solaris 8.
We are using APM to monitor some special interfaces.
Altough we see in MLM Configuration Application that the devices goes to the armed state when the specified threshold is met. We do not receive any notification neither map color change in Netview. Although I can set actions to do that , I wonder if MLM should notify netview when an APM threshold occurs. Does anyone have a clue where might be the problem located?.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay
Operation Supervisor, Argentina, Uruguay & Paraguay
Reuters Ltd.

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.