nv-l

Re: [nv-l] AIX433_MINIMAL_IMAGE_99285

2004-11-05 13:05:05
Subject: Re: [nv-l] AIX433_MINIMAL_IMAGE_99285
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:04:30 -0500

Works for me on AIX 5.1, but I have 7.1.4 FP02 installed there.  Still, I know of no code changes in this area.  And in 7.1.4 we shipped zos_fields, so we've added our own new fields on all platforms.

Can you execute ovw_fields if you remove your custom file?
I don't work on that code, but the first time you run it with a new file in the directory it does a "create", all subsequent times it does a "verify", and what you are doing is making entries in the database.

Have you changed any permissions in /usr/OV/databases?  How about /usr/OV/bin?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group