nv-l

Re: [nv-l] using oracle as database for NV

2004-11-01 12:53:58
Subject: Re: [nv-l] using oracle as database for NV
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:22:49 -0500

This is neither simple nor easy.

You need to install the NetView Database component from the CD.  That should also include the NetView Databases Guide book.  I would start by reading that to get an understanding of way you can do and what you have to do.    The install is covered in the Release Notes for NetView 7.1.

But there is a big caveat here.  NetView talks to the RDBMS using the Tivoli Framework component called RIM.  So in order to make this work, NetView must be installed via the Tivoli Framework, and RIM must also be installed as a Framework app.  Neither will the NetView Database Component install except in a Framework environment.    So you cannot even get started until you have the proper environment.   No Framework, no relational data base support.    And if NetView was not installed via the Framework to start with, you will have to delete it and re-install it that way.  You can however, backup your current NetView, and then do an upgrade install, and that will import your current configuration and databases back into NetView.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

ss tech <netviewteam AT yahoo DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

10/31/2004 11:27 PM
Please respond to
nv-l

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] using oracle as database for NV

Hi All,
I had NV 7.1.3 installed in AIX , I want to use Oracle as a database to store the historical data collected by NV,so that I can create report using my third party tools.
Anybody has the idea to configure the setup or any doc. from where I can get the help ??
Any guidance in this regard will be highly helpfull
Thanks in advance
Devid

Do you Yahoo!?