nv-l

Re: [nv-l] to handle traps

2004-10-29 10:07:33
Subject: Re: [nv-l] to handle traps
From: Francois Le Hir <flehir AT ca.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:10:29 -0400

Bonjour Gildas,

I would make sure that the first trap is "Log Only" so that it won't show
in the Event Browser. You can run a script when this trap is received
(either from automatic action in the trap configuration or from a ruleset)
and this script will analyse the content of the variable and if the proper
severity is found, send a new trap configured to appear in the Event
Browser.

Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 964 2145

             Gildas.Plouzennec
             @alcatel.fr
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/29/2004 09:33          [nv-l] to handle traps
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to handle traps, and specifically, remove a trap
in the database, so in the "event browser".
I have looked for something like a "specific" trap to send to trap
daemon to remove a given one, but I found nothing.

My real issue is : I receive snmp trap from an application, but with a
"compact" format, that means all fields I need (as severity, ...) are
grouped in one single string. So I must analyse this string and then
display the trap in the event browser according to what I found (by
default, the trap is indeterminate, but in the string i can find a
severity equal to critical, so i would like to remove the received trap
from the browser and display it again but with the right severity).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Rgds,

--
Gildas PLOUZENNEC