nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Interface delete

2004-10-29 09:19:34
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Interface delete
From: Per Lütkemeyer <pel AT dmdata DOT dk>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:18:14 +0200

Hi again,

How often does demandpoll runs on objects in Netviews database ?

Rgds

Per Lütkemeyer
Teamleader, Systems Management
DMdata a/s
Bytoften, DK8240 Risskov
E-mail: pel AT dmdata DOT dk, web: www.dmdata.dk

Leslie Clark <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

26-10-2004 04:07
Please respond to nv-l

        To:        nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
        cc:

Well, I've never seen that particular message. But the deletion of objects behaves this way:

Nodes are controlled by the 'Node down delete interval' set in 'Options.. SNMP configuration'.

That defaults to one week. I think most people prefer to delete things manually, though.

As for interfaces, they are either deleted during a configuration poll (or demandpoll) or they are not.

They are not deleted in the case where the entry for theSNMP sysObjectID for that device in the

oid_to_type file contains the S flag. This is so for many types of Cisco devices. In that case, you are
expected to delete it manually, or remove the flag.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Per Lütkemeyer <pel AT dmdata DOT dk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

10/21/2004 10:07 AM
Please respond to
nv-l

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Interface delete

Hi.

When does Netview (7.14 FP01 on Linux) discover that an interface has been deleted ?

If I delete a loopback interface on a cisco router and performs a demand poll on Netview, the following happens !

- the interface goes red and poll results says "Interface 10.179.101.24(Loopback1) is DOWN Communication prohibited by filtering"