nv-l

RE: [nv-l] monitoring IP address-less T1 interfaces

2004-09-22 14:53:38
Subject: RE: [nv-l] monitoring IP address-less T1 interfaces
From: "Allison, Jason \(JALLISON\)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:39:55 -0400
The only valid information obtainable is through the router itself unless it proactively sends updates to its internal load balancing et al, which I dont think it would do.  One option would be to look through the dynamic MIB variables within the router itself.  Download the Cisco MIB definitions for this asset and determine if there are any that will give you the information you need.  My guess would be there are.

If you find MIB variables that can be used to make logic deicisions on you would only need to write routines to retreive the MIB data on defined intervals or though some sort of notification from the router and take action on the data the router tells you.

If I were you I would call the company that makes your network infrastructure and ask them:  I love your products, but how the heck can I monitor their activity with respect to blah blah blah.  Maybe they dont want you to monitor that information.

Best of luck,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated