nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Cisco PIX / Firewall switch module in Netview

2004-09-21 09:31:09
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cisco PIX / Firewall switch module in Netview
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:22:55 -0400

I've just received permission to announce here that beginning with NetView 7.1.4 FixPack2, which will be shipping in two weeks, we intend to include native NetView support for monitoring Cisco PIX Firewall failover.  This code is currently in Verification here and at a beta customer site, so there is no reason at this time to think that it will not ship on time as planned.  While I cannot provide much detail at this time, basically you will be adding new entries for the failover interfaces to monitor to the netmon seed file, and netmon will take care of the details.   That's all I can say at this time due to IBM Confidentiality restrictions.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group