nv-l

[nv-l] nvtecia still hanging or falling behind processing TEC_ITS.rs

2004-09-14 10:58:49
Subject: [nv-l] nvtecia still hanging or falling behind processing TEC_ITS.rs
From: "Van Order, Drew \(US - Hermitage\)" <dvanorder AT deloitte DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:22:08 -0500
Hi all,

After patching 7.1.4 FP01 with the latest efix to fix nvcorrd/nvtecia hanging or stalling, we find it's still happening. It mainly starts when we get a surge of Cisco syslog traps from devices. The only piece not keeping up is the NV to TEC integration; demandpolls are fine and events are moving in the Event Browser. TEC_ITS only passes traps on, we do no other processing in the ruleset. TEC events from sources outside NV are not impacted. We send an hourly Interface Down trap via cron to serve as a heartbeat. When it misses the second one in a row (as seen at TEC), we cycle NV and it's OK again. MLM is not an option for our environment. Is anyone else struggling with this?

Thanks--Drew

*Disclaimer:*
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.