nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Seed editor (gui)

2004-09-02 14:27:02
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Seed editor (gui)
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:15:27 -0400

Well, frankly, no it doesn't.
The seed file editor is java, not an X process, so as far as I know there are no config files for it, other than /usr/OV/conf/seededitor-log4j.properties, but I don't know of any way to modify that to alter the size.  And as a java process, the editor tends therefore, to be slower on UNIX than an X process.  I don't think there is anything you can do to speed it up.   If you start it, and let it alone for a couple of minutes, does it fix itself?   Do you have a /usr/OV/log/seededitor.log file?  Anything unusual in it?

You do have UNIX, right?  What platform are you using?  What level of NetView?
Exactly where do you launch it from?   You could launch from  the map gui (owv), from the serversetup gui (another java), or even from the command line with launch_seededit  (starts /usr/OV/bin/launch_seededit).   What's your exact procedure and have you ever tried any of the others?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Caballero, Herman - Herman E" <Herman.E.Caballero AT lowes DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

09/02/2004 12:12 PM
Please respond to
nv-l

<nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Seed editor (gui)

What would cause for the seed editor to come up with only the add
option.  I have to crank it up a few times before I'm able to get the
remove and edit options as well (highlighted).

Also, when I crank up the seed editor, it comes up in a real small box
and I have to resize it every time.  When I click on the add, the option
to add a new node can't be seen, I also to resize it as well.  How can I
make it come up with bigger every time instead of having it to resize it
every time I crank it up?

Did I make any sense?

Herman Caballero